Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Bunny basketcase

My emotions are mixed up tonight. I'm kind of happy because this cool hamster wrote me. I went to his blog tonight and it felt good to know someone understands what it's like, living in a cage at the mercy of someone else's schedule.

But I feel sad too - cause something reminded me of the time Mama took me to the grocery store. Not kidding! She carried me around in a Harris Teeter in the middle of the night at no one complained. She was a little worried I might lunge at the greens in the produce section, but I was cool the whole time. The reason that makes me sad is Mama doesn't do stuff like that with me anymore. She's always got something more important - work, dinner, exercise, other pets, internet - and I don't get the chance to just hang out with her and be goofy. I really miss Mama. Why doesn't she hold me as much as she used to? Why do I get more ordinary greens and fewer herbs and fruits?

Maybe the reason I have a thing for girls that ignore me, is 'cause Mama has forgotten I exist. Maybe I'd be better off if I just o.d. on some mint. Maybe that would be best for everyone ...

1 Comments:

At April 27, 2005 5:41 PM, Blogger Simone said...

I'm glad I found your blog too - it's very cool. And you mention talking with cats. I never met a real cat, but I know some pugs. I even live with one of 'em!

Thanks for the encouragement, Bastya. You're my friend and I don't want to make you sad, so I promise not to o.d. on mint. Deal? Besides, Mama said if I eat a whole bunch of mint, it would just give me fresh breath anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home