Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Bunny basketcase

My emotions are mixed up tonight. I'm kind of happy because this cool hamster wrote me. I went to his blog tonight and it felt good to know someone understands what it's like, living in a cage at the mercy of someone else's schedule.

But I feel sad too - cause something reminded me of the time Mama took me to the grocery store. Not kidding! She carried me around in a Harris Teeter in the middle of the night at no one complained. She was a little worried I might lunge at the greens in the produce section, but I was cool the whole time. The reason that makes me sad is Mama doesn't do stuff like that with me anymore. She's always got something more important - work, dinner, exercise, other pets, internet - and I don't get the chance to just hang out with her and be goofy. I really miss Mama. Why doesn't she hold me as much as she used to? Why do I get more ordinary greens and fewer herbs and fruits?

Maybe the reason I have a thing for girls that ignore me, is 'cause Mama has forgotten I exist. Maybe I'd be better off if I just o.d. on some mint. Maybe that would be best for everyone ...

3 Comments:

At April 26, 2005 8:10 AM, Blogger Bastya and Vincent said...

Hi Simone! Glad you liked my blog. I know what you mean...It's nice to talk to someone else who lives in a cage. I've talked to some cats, and they're really nice, but they don't really know what it's like for us! I'm glad I found your blog.
Sorry you feel so down! Sometimes the people get all busy and I feel kind of ignored. I don't think they mean to do it, they just get all wrapped up in their silly human stuff and forget. Sigh. It makes me sad. But life will look up! Don't od on mint, that would make me sad! I hope you feel better soon!
-B

 
At April 27, 2005 5:41 PM, Blogger Simone said...

I'm glad I found your blog too - it's very cool. And you mention talking with cats. I never met a real cat, but I know some pugs. I even live with one of 'em!

Thanks for the encouragement, Bastya. You're my friend and I don't want to make you sad, so I promise not to o.d. on mint. Deal? Besides, Mama said if I eat a whole bunch of mint, it would just give me fresh breath anyway.

 
At April 28, 2005 1:40 AM, Blogger Bastya and Vincent said...

I've never met any real cats either. There's a cat that lives next door, but Tall Thing won't let me meet it. The cats I've talked to are all online, and they've promised not to eat me. I met a guinea pig once! Skittish little fella.

Deal. Anytime Simone. I'm glad we're friends!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home