Sunday, June 12, 2005

Oxbow opinions?

I finally convinced Mama to order me some papaya tablets from Oxbow. She's also getting me some of the early-cut Western Timothy hay. And my Bunny Basics timothy pellets. MMMmmmm!

We have two questions though:

1) How many papaya tablets to buy? The 500 count bottle is a better deal, but since only one tablet daily is suggested, would the excess tablets go bad before I eat them? Mama is pretty strict on my treats, so one daily is all I would get. How long do the tablets stay fresh or hold nutritional value for preventing hairballs?

2) Mama wants to get me one other kind of hay to try, in a smaller bag. Last time, she got me the Orchard Grass. I like that a bunch. But we're wondering if any of the others would be better, so place your vote today!

Options are:
Go for the Orchard Grass again, it's the best!
Oat hay - it rocks!

Or let us know if you have another suggestion.

Remember, Mama is placing the order tonight, so get your opinion in before it's too late. I want the bunnies and other furries who have tried this stuff to be heard. Your input is valuable.

2 Comments:

At June 12, 2005 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peaches enjoys both the orchard grass and oat hay but I think if given a choice, she would choose the orchard grass.

She also says to send any extra papaya tablets to her in an unmarked box.

 
At June 21, 2005 12:11 PM, Blogger Simone said...

Hi Remi and your Mom:

For information on what I eat, see my comment to JueDee. Mama really likes to give me Oxbow hay and pellets.

I think you might need the Bunny Basics 15/23 pellet, Remi. It is alfalfa based for young buns. Maybe after you are 1-2 years old, your Mom will move you to the Bunny Basics T, a timothy based pellet.

Note from Mama:
It is kind of expensive, but I figure it's not that bad because each bag lasts him a couple months, and I get his hay (usually a 9 lb. bag of Timothy) at the same time because the combined shipping is cheaper. I look at is as a form of health insurance too. And Simone loves the pellets so much, he knocks his greens out of the way to get to them! Not the case with other brands he's been given. That said, I'm sure you can still find good quality food in the store. Kaytee used to be our pellet of choice also. It's one of the better brands out there, but I don't know much about the calories because I switched Simone from KayTee alfalfa to Oxbow timothy. Thus, he never tried the Kaytee timothy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home