Tuesday, January 10, 2006

A pen



Mama - Hi Simone, how are you doing this morning?

Simone - Okay. I ... guess.

Mama - You guess?

Simone - Gave her my heart, she gave me a pen.

Mama - That doesn't sound "okay" to me, sweetie. You wanna tell Mama what's wrong?

Simone - Well, I don't wanna sound ungrateful. You got me a present and I like it, but I was gettin' really excited about the Secret Paw thing.

Mama - Awww, and yours hasn't gotten here yet.

Simone - Right. And I was real excited to see if my paw liked what she got, and I know she got it, and she's been postin' but nothin' about the paw. I think maybe she got it and didn't like it.

Mama - Oh Simone, I'm sure she liked it. Why don't you just ask her again?

Simone - Hrpmh! I don't think she did. I'm just a big dummy and don't know how to make a girl happy. She won't even tell me she thought it sucked. And I draw the line at seven unreturned phone calls.

Mama - Sweetie, you must chill. Really. I'm sure there's a reason. Though it is a little odd your paw said they sent your package a couple weeks ago and it's not here yet.

Simone - It's okay, Mama. The water dripping from my bottle is a baptism, the new me, Ice Bun, Power Simone. From now on, I will love only hay and apples! Oh, and I still love you too Mama.

2 Comments:

At January 10, 2006 4:50 PM, Blogger Mrs. Sniffles said...

Simone, do not fret about your secret paw. Maybe she is on vacation. I haven't heard from mine either and that's what I think is the matter. I like to read all your stories and you are always very nice to me and comments on my posts. Do not give up on love!

PS, I think you are very adorable.

 
At January 12, 2006 5:34 PM, Blogger Simone said...

I'll hop alright! Dadda says there's a package for me at the house. I'll bet he's pullin' my leg.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home