Sunday, December 03, 2006

Livid

This is Simone's Mama. I will be brief.

We went to Atlanta this weekend and made petsitting arrangements. We got home tonight. Simone is in his cage and seems okay, but his petsitter NEVER SHOWED UP! Our mail was still in the box, the key was still in its hiding spot and the check was never picked up. And poor Simone has not been fed ALL WEEKEND long! So I gave him pellets, hay and a papaya tablet and hope he will be okay.

If you have a bunny, you know how risky it is for your bun not to eat in over 24 hours. The good news is Simone is eating his food. The bad news is he doesn't seem all that ravenous the way a truly hungry bunny eats. He also stopped eating while I cleaned up his cage, and his teeth were grinding loudly. I hope that doesn't mean he is sick. It could mean he was upset and/or wanting attention. I petted him some but hope he eats his hay tonight and is alright. Fortunately, his water bottle was full when we left for the trip, so he had something to drink.

Anyway, he's probably going to be fine but just in case, maybe say a little bun prayer that his tummy stays healthy. And that this hasn't damaged his psyche from thinking he was abandoned! Poor Simone. :(

I left a message for the petsitting agency, so they KNOW I am not happy. This is UNBELIEVABLE. It's a really good thing our trip was not any longer!!!

Okay, sorry ... that wasn't as brief as it should have been but... GRRRR.

6 Comments:

At December 04, 2006 1:01 AM, Blogger somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

OMG! Poor Bunner!! Here's hoping that he won't go into stasis. I seriously would have him checked by the vet and definitely charge the petsitting service whatever fees are charged. :( (HUGS and nudges) XOXO
=:8

 
At December 04, 2006 1:08 AM, Blogger Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Poor Simone! If you can in any way manage it, take him for a quick checkup tomorrow, just to be sure.

Poor baby! Eat, Simone! Poop, Simone! Bite the evil petsitter, Simone!

 
At December 04, 2006 1:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd be furious! Please Simone eat your food... I will keep him in my prayers.

 
At December 04, 2006 6:33 PM, Blogger The Fluffy Tribe said...

That is my worst nightmare. Poor Simone. We will send good vibes and purrayers for him to be okay. ~Rabbie Burns and Poi Mom Jane and Poiland Tribe

 
At December 06, 2006 7:46 AM, Blogger Drunkbunny said...

I've had horrible experience with kennels AND petsitters. And people wonder why I don't leave town, or if I do, I drive 8 1/2 hours one way to drop the animals off with my parents.

Drunkbunny

 
At December 08, 2006 10:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, you poor bunny, Simone! That must have been so terrible and traumatic. You are lucky that your parents came back soon, though, and that they love you so much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home