Friday, February 23, 2007

Thank you, wonderful furry pals!

Wow. I am overwhelmed by your generous wishes and purrayers for Simone, and your suggestions and thoughts. They must be working because this morning, he actually ate a turnip green from my hand!

The last two nights he has begrudgingly eaten the concoction of water and powdered nutrients from a syringe, occassionally nibbling a strand of hay or a stem or two of cilantro. (And his two daily papaya tablets.) But today he ate a turnip green, and seems to be eating a little more hay. At least the eating is improving, and maybe that's an indication Simone is feeling a little better.

Baytril must taste really awful. While Simone doesn't care for anything in a syringe, he protests the medication even more. He hates Baytril with a passion. Even through all the forcefeeding and medicating, Simone remains a gentle bun. He kicks and thumps, but never does he try to bite.

That said ... after the syringe is put away, you would be amazed at the looks he gives. I did not realize how many ways a bun can say "SCREW YOU" with his eyes! Or in his words, hrmph!

10 Comments:

At February 23, 2007 5:46 PM, Blogger Mrs. Sniffles said...

Oh no! I just saw that Simone wasn't feeling very well. I am glad that he is getting better and I hope all his medication helps. My Bunny Mommy and Daddy and I are sending lots of nose bumps and head butts so that he feels better soon. Get well soon, Simone!

 
At February 23, 2007 6:19 PM, Blogger Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Good job, Simone! You can beat this thing!

 
At February 24, 2007 3:16 AM, Blogger somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

Go Simone, GO!! And ask your vet to flavor the meds. Ours uses banana, boysenberry, and blueberry. How good are these flavors?? Let's just say that many a time, a rabbit will steal the closed med bottle and run away with it!
=:8

 
At February 24, 2007 10:36 AM, Blogger Bunnies and Kimberly said...

Yay Simone! Sometimes just having someone trying to force feed you all the time brings the spunk back into your bun.

 
At February 24, 2007 2:16 PM, Blogger DK & The Fluffies said...

Oh my little BunBoy - I'm so glad you are feeling better! Please eat more and take your meds.

 
At February 24, 2007 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

DH once taste-tested the liver-flavored Baytril our vet gave us for our rabbit Flip. He said it was horrible. Still Flip loved it -I'd put a piece in a craisin or raisin and he'd eat them happily. I don't even know if they make non-liver Baytril. A compounding pharmacist can take the Baytril and make it taste like cherry or banana or whatever in liquid form.

Give Simone a kiss on the forehead from me. I hope he gets better soon.

 
At February 24, 2007 9:09 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yucko. I had Baytril before and I hated it too. And I gave mom plenty of dirty looks for forcing me to ingest that nasty stuff!

We're glad to hear you are doing a little better - keep it up!

 
At February 26, 2007 2:06 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

So sorry you aren't feeling well, Simone. Mz Bunn offers to share some banana, and she REALLY doesn't like sharing!

 
At February 26, 2007 7:35 PM, Blogger Zinger said...

I'm glad you're able to get his medicine to him - i can't imagine he'd ever bite to hurt - archi knows i'm just trying to help and she'll sometimes give me a feel of her teeth but she never bites down, just wants me to know she's not liking whatever i'm doing. but she lets me help her. simone is hanging in there just great and we'll pray that this round of antibiotics does it for him.
carri ann
aka archi's mum

 
At March 01, 2007 8:00 PM, Blogger The Fluffy Tribe said...

Oh oh oh keep feelin better Simone. The rats like their baytril but I don't blame you for not liking it. It isn't flavored for buns. But you need to take it to get betters. I would bite 'cause I already do, but you are a very patient bun if you don't ~Rabbie Burns

 

Post a Comment

<< Home