Monday, February 04, 2008

A Bun's Home is His Castle



Friends, Mama and I want to thank each and every one of you for your kind words, healing wishes, and furrrrayers. And we are sorry it has taken so long to post an update, but silly Mama forgot the blogger password! Hrmph.

I'm feeling a lot better. I eat all my greens now, and carrots, cilantro and parsley. I eat my Oxbow hay and pellets too. I have been drinking water on my own for a few weeks! I am slowly gaining my weight back. Not sure if you've ever tried gaining weight, but it's hard to do when all you eat is hay, timothy pellets and fresh veggies! Mama needs to spice up my diet, throw in some hash brown casserole or somethin'.

It means a lot that you were all rooting for me to get better and it definitely played a part in my recovery. You definitely helped Mama get through those dreadful force-feeding sessions! She might still have to get a blood test and x-rays done to see what caused me to have problems, but for now she's just trying to fatten me up.

Oh, can't forget to thank Karen Jo for her AWESOME limerick about me. She totally rocks!!! She's right too, that pug can be rude. Hrmph.

14 Comments:

At February 04, 2008 9:59 PM, Blogger DK & The Fluffies said...

Oh Honey Bunny! It's good to see you again. Binkies.

 
At February 04, 2008 10:16 PM, Blogger Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Yay, Simone! Keep getting better!

 
At February 04, 2008 10:48 PM, Blogger RG said...

Whew ... only a forgotten password! You had a lot of guys worried there "S". Good luck fattening up ... try "treats'!!!

 
At February 05, 2008 3:34 AM, Blogger Karen Jo said...

It is so good to hear from you again, Simone. I am very happy that you like your limerick. Thank you so much for the link. I am delighted that you are feeling better and eating and drinking again. Maybe some banana chips will help you with your weight gain. Just keep right on feeling better and better.

 
At February 05, 2008 3:52 AM, Blogger YowlYY said...

Hello Simone, I am new here and my name is Hugo Bun. I live in Nottingham, UK, with my mum and she heard about you being poorly through Rabbits'Guy's blog, so I thought I should say hello and send "get-well-vibes"! I am not so much a food bun myself, but I heard that a good way of putting on weight is eating pumpkin and sunflower seeds. My mum gives me them as a treat every now and then, and says that they are yummy, good for the bladder, and also calorific, hence the treat bit! Take care and see you around,
Hugo in the Robin Hood Country

 
At February 05, 2008 11:41 AM, Blogger Zinger said...

SQUEEEEE - Yay Simone I'm glad you're back and doing well! tell mum to add some bunny crack to your diet - a little piece of nanner a day or even a piece of apple - yum! fattens me right up and i don't mind one bit! it's worth it.

i'm so happy to hear all is well.

 
At February 05, 2008 10:53 PM, Blogger Deb Cushman said...

We're happy that you're feeling so much better!

 
At February 06, 2008 11:24 AM, Blogger The Lee County Clowder said...

Simone, glad to hear you're doing better. We were starting to get concerned when there was never any word.

ppuuurrrrrrrr

 
At February 09, 2008 10:36 AM, Blogger Jan Price said...

We were so glad when Karen Jo told us you had posted again.We were so worried about you.

Jan's Funny Farm

 
At February 28, 2008 4:43 PM, Blogger The Fluffy Tribe said...

we are so happy you are feeling better and gettin fatter Simone. We are still sending you the pawsitive Fluffy tribe vibes so you keep getting betters and betters

 
At March 05, 2008 10:26 PM, Blogger Mrs. Sniffles said...

Oh my gosh, Simone! I just read all the posts about your illness. I am so sorry to hear about your awful ordeal but I am FURRY glad that you are on the mend. Bunny Mommy and Daddy are too. We all hopes you keep getting better and posts your progress.

Nose bumps from Mrs. Sniffles!!!!

 
At March 20, 2008 3:53 AM, Blogger Crafty Green Poet said...

So glad you're feeling better Simone, you're certainly looking well!

 
At March 20, 2008 3:53 AM, Blogger Crafty Green Poet said...

So glad you're feeling better Simone, you're certainly looking well!

 
At April 28, 2008 10:35 AM, Blogger YowlYY said...

Hi Simone,
How are you doing? Are you enjoying springtime with dandelions salad as well? It's finally spring in Nottinghamshire, however it is raining lots now, so no garden for us :(
Love,
Hugo and Miss Eve

 

Post a Comment

<< Home